[Pacemaker] crm_resource -L not trustable right after restart

Brian J. Murrell (brian) brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 13 13:13:23 EST 2014

Hi,

I found a situation using pacemaker 1.1.10 on RHEL6.5 where the output
of "crm_resource -L" is not trust-able, shortly after a node is booted.

Here is the output from crm_resource -L on one of the nodes in a two
node cluster (the one that was not rebooted):

 st-fencing	(stonith:fence_foo):	Started
 res1	(ocf::foo:Target):	Started
 res2	(ocf::foo:Target):	Started

Here is the output from the same command on the other node in the two
node cluster right after it was rebooted:

 st-fencing	(stonith:fence_foo):	Stopped
 res1	(ocf::foo:Target):	Stopped
 res2	(ocf::foo:Target):	Stopped

These were collected at the same time (within the same second) on the
two nodes.

Clearly the rebooted node is not telling the truth.  Perhaps the truth
for it is "I don't know", which would be fair enough but that's not what
pacemaker is asserting there.

So, how do I know (i.e. programmatically -- what command can I issue to
know) if and when crm_resource can be trusted to be truthful?

b.