[Pacemaker] custom resource-agent

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Sep 30 15:44:49 EDT 2013

Peter, one trick you may want to try using is to set
ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1
in sysctl.conf, this will let you start mySQL and bind it to the VIP, even if
the VIP isn't live on the box yet.

so when you want to do a failover, you can have pacemaker stop MySQL on the old
box, start it on the new box, and start the VIP migration. Until the VIP
migration completes, you won't be able to reach MySQL on the new box, but as
soon as the migration does complete, you will be live.

David Lang