[Pacemaker] very slow pacemaker/corosync shutdown

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Sep 19 05:45:38 EDT 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Florian Crouzat wrote:

> Le 19/09/2013 00:25, David Lang a ?crit :
>> I'm frequently running into a problem that shutting down
>> pacemaker/corosync takes a very long time (several minutes)
>
> Just to be 100% sure, you always respect the stop order ? Pacemaker *then*
> CMAN/corosync ?

'service pacemaker stop' seems to take down cman as well, but frequently stalls
before that.

we are definantly not taking down cman ahead of time.

But we are seeing problems on some systems where we start everything up, verify
both nodes are seen, and then a day or so later notice that the two boxes are
not communicating (one of the reasons we are looking at disabling multicast, the
local networking people have 'interesting' ideas about multicast, and they may
be causing problems)

David Lang