[Pacemaker] create 2-node Active/Passive firewall cluster

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Wed Sep 18 16:10:13 EDT 2013

Am Mittwoch, 18. September 2013, 14:55:21 schrieb Jeff Weber:
> Michael:
>
> Thanks. That helps me move forward.
(...)
> I'm still a bit unclear on how the cluster monitors the VIP resources.
> Do I have exactly one stanza of totem interface, and set the bindnetaddr to
> the heartbeat net?
> How does the cluster monitor for a VIP on a dead interface?

The monitoring operation of a IP address resource issues a "ip a l dev (...)"
command and looks if the IP address is still bound to the interface. Any
failure (i.e. interface down, IP address vanished) results in an error of the
monitoring operation and a reaction of the cluster.

Additionally use a ping resource. That resoruce sends a ping to an IP address
outside of the cluster. If the node receives the answer it can be pretty sure
that the attached network works.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff