[Pacemaker] meaning of Monitor Interval

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Sep 13 12:40:59 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-14T00:29:50, Xiaomin Zhang <zhangxiaomin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Lars:
> I'm still somewhat not clear about this monitor interval setting. What I
> observed is that the pacemaker always quickly (in less then 2 seconds)
> schedule the failed resource when I just cut down the network (via DROP
> INPUT, or freeze kernel).

The "monitor" on resources only affects resource level monitoring.

If you're cutting the node, this is detected at the corosync membership
level and governed by the token timeout - that defaults to, I think, 5
seconds, but depends on your configuration.

> And it also schedule the failed resource in no more than 5 seconds while I
> put the online node to standby state.

That, again, is not a "failed" resource. When your telling pacemaker
that you want a node put into standby, it'll start acting on that
command immediately - there's no failure to detect in this case.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA