[Pacemaker] (LRMD|PCMK)_MAX_CHILDREN?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Sep 11 05:55:38 EDT 2013

On 11/09/2013, at 5:54 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.com> wrote:

> On 2013-04-02T17:02:01, David Vossel <dvossel at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm convinced this useful.
>>
>> I'll add PCMK_MAX_CHILDREN to the sysconfig documentation.  To be backwards compatible I'll have the lrmd internally interpret your LRMD_MAX_CHILDREN environment variable as well.
>>
>> sound reasonable?
>
> Hi David,
>
> sorry for being thick, but I can't find this in the code now. Did this
> slip through again in April?

Apparently. But before we add it, I'd like to see if we can do something coherent.
Having 3 (or more) different variables (batch-limit, migration-limit and this) for controlling these things doesn't seem optimal or user friendly.

If anything, we should likely be putting work into auto-tuning this stuff instead.  Somehow.