[Pacemaker] heartbeat:anything resource not stop/monitoring after reboot

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Sep 6 05:38:59 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-05T11:23:20, David Coulson <david at davidcoulson.net> wrote:

> ocf-tester -n reload -o binfile="/usr/sbin/rndc" -o cmdline_options="reload"
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/anything
> Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/anything...
> * rc=1: Monitoring an active resource should return 0
> * rc=1: Probing an active resource should return 0

Well, I can't comment on why it works on some clusters of your
environment. The above does explain quite nicely why it doesn't on the
rest though.

If the process doesn't hang around, you really shouldn't have a periodic
monitor configured.

> Short of writing a resource that does a start and forces a rc=0 for
> stop/monitor, any ideas why this is behaving the way it is?

"stop" seemed to be working fine. Your problem is that you have a
periodic monitor configured, and that will always find this resource as
"failed". Disable the periodic monitor.

Regards,
    Lars

--