[Pacemaker] Problems with fence_ipmilan

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Mon Sep 16 19:53:41 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm using (want to use) RHEL 6.4 fence_ipmilan for our IBM x3650 M4 (IMM).

My problem is the following. In contrast to the documented behaviour

a 'chassis power off' or a 'chassis power reset' is doing a soft reset as if

you have pressed the on-off-button of the server. That means the

shutdown process is initiated.

As you can imagine this is like stonithing this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJiwuk75Ig#t=1m23s

Especially when a SAN volume is blocking in 'D' state.

What I want is a hard reset. It seems that the only solution

at the moment is to send a 'chassis power reset'.

fence_ipmilan doesn't support that ipmi command at the

moment.

Has anybody experience with similar (bad) behaviour and workarounds?

Best regards

Andreas Mock