[Pacemaker] samba inside xen-vm; device held open, migration fails

georg at riseup.net georg at riseup.net
Sun Sep 15 10:11:26 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm in the process of deploying a pacemaker cluster, running several xen
vms, storage is done with drbd.

Everything works like a charm, and now I just found the root cause (at
least I believe) for the issue "device is still held open by someone"
for one vm I experienced the last couple of days.

I think it's because of samba running in this vm, and the exports are
still mounted by clients if I send one node into standby. Doing this,
the migration fails, because of the error I gave above.

Could someone point me into a wise direction how to handle this?

Stoping/starting samba trought a script, which is executed by pacemaker?

Thanks in advance,
Georg