[Pacemaker] cluster-delay property

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Thu Oct 24 09:01:21 EDT 2013

Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013, 14:39:39 schrieb Karl Rößmann:
> Sorry, I try to explain
>
> Hi
>
> In your book you describe a parameter 'deadtime' which defines the
> timeout to declare a node as dead. I want to extend this value to 120s
> to avoid such a scenario
>
> But: in the SuSE documentation I cannot find 'deadtime', instead I see
> a value 'cluster-delay'.
> My Question is: Are these two parameters equivalent ?
>
> More details about the scenario:
> The I/O load was created by me, because I copied a large xen image to an
> logical volume of the cLVM (using 'dd'). I did it several times before
> without problems. Maybe something changed after upgrading tu SLES SP3.
>
> One node, (it was the DC) died, the Xen resources went to the
> surviving node. Fine.
>
> No information in the log file.
>
> On the the surviving node I see:
> Oct 23 09:30:41 ha2infra corosync[9085]:  [TOTEM ] A processor failed,
> forming new configuration.
(...)

the log says that corosync did not see the node. This is not a pacemaker
problem.

I speculate that this happened because one node was heavily overloaded doing
the dd and did not find to process the corosync tokens in time. Or perhaps the
load on the network was so high that corosync packets were dropped.

Anyway: This is not a pacemaker problem, it is a corosync problem.

If you want to make corosync bahave a little bit more relaxed please see "man
corosync.conf" for the options. Look for the options token and the following
options. I don't know what options are available in SLES11 HAE3. corosync is
under heavy improvement ;-)

If you have a question for a specific option please ask here on the list.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--