[Pacemaker] Optional resources?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Thu Oct 10 07:35:29 EDT 2013

Am Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013, 13:22:31 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:
> Hi,
> I'm working on a redundant NFS setup with the additional constraint that
> the nodes get their IPs in a private network and only the VIP is a
> public IP. This requires that the default route needs to change as well.
> On the node that is hosting the VIP the default route needs to use the
> router of that public IP and on the other node the default route has to
> use the router for the private network.
>
> I figured that I could do this by setting up a Route resource that is
> colocated with the VIP and then create a second Route resource for the
> private network case that is colocated with a -INF relationship with the
> other Route resource so that it is always placed on the other node where
> the public Route is *not* running.
>
> This should work as long as both nodes are fine and I just manually move
> around the resources but the problem is that when one node actually dies
> the public Route will move to the other system but the private Route
> resource now has no place to go and will basically fail.
>
> Is there a way to articulate in Pacemaker that when the private Route
> cannot be places anywhere that this is not a fatal problem?

pacemaker just will not start the private route resource. Nothing else will
happen. The cluster will behave as you desire.

pacemaker knows that it cannot start the second resoruce (-inf constraint). So
it will not monitoring it for beeing started.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98