[Pacemaker] using iscsi without switch

Alexander Gehrer alex.gehrer at alexunil.de
Tue Oct 22 08:50:35 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,
we are using pacemaker on a 2-Nodes cluster with an qnap-NAS as iscsi and its working well.

For more power we bought 10GB-Nics for the Server and a 2x10GB Card for the NAS.

How could we use this hardware without using an 10GB switch?

First try was to use the Port Trunking "Active Backup" on the NAS. This is working if i pullout the cable, then the other NIC is going active and the cluster can use the second port and second node.

I think the other Port Tunking-options are also not for our scenario (Balance-rr,Balance XOR,Broadcast,IEEE 802.3ad,Balance-tlb,Balance-alb) Maybe we could Broadcast a try?

The other Idea is to use different IP-Adresses for the iscsi-Ressources on the nodes. But this seems also very complex?

Do you think its possible or does we need a 10GB Switch, this would cost a little bit and is one more Hardware which could be damage.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Alexunil Ltd.
Kettelerstr. 16