[Pacemaker] STONITH without mandatory success possible?

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Thu Jun 20 03:02:18 EDT 2013

20.06.2013 09:00, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On 20/06/2013, at 2:52 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:

>>> fence_xvm works nicely for this most virt clusters, there was a vmware one floating around at one point
>>
>> Unfortunately matahari and libvirt-qmf (part of a picture, which
>> connects hypervisor to fenced) are removed in 6.4.
>
> I didnt think matahari had anything to do with fence_xvm

libvirt-qmf depends on that - it connects to a QMF server using matahari
framework.

# rpm -e --test matahari-lib matahari-agent-lib
error: Failed dependencies:
        libmcommon.so.1.0.0()(64bit) is needed by (installed)
libvirt-qmf-0.3.0-10.el6.x86_64
        libmcommon_qmf.so.1.0.0()(64bit) is needed by (installed)
libvirt-qmf-0.3.0-10.el6.x86_64

There where libvirt-qpid, but it then was replaced with libvirt-qmf, and
fence_virtd was modified to use QMF server as well instead of plain qpidd.

So, one needs to build either libvirt-qpid or matahari+libvirt_qmf for a
hypervisor side, and have have either plain or qmf-patched version of
fence-virtd-libvirt-qpid, and to have either plain qpid of QMF
(matahari) server(s).

I just rebuilt matahari and libvirt-qmf from koji to use fence_xvm.

Current Redhat docs say that one needs to use fence_libvirt and have all
VMs pinned to a specific hypervisor host = no migration.