[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.8 is out now

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Sep 25 06:11:04 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov
<bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
> 20.09.2012 13:25, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> This has been coming for a while now, the final hold-up was some
>> stonith interactions in the presence of multiple clients that while
>> strictly correct, wasn't really good enough.
>
> 1.1.8 seems to be in a very good shape. Didn't you think about making it
> a mid-term stable release?

No, there are a couple of minor features to go before 1.2/2.0
(whatever we call it) in about a month and that is what will be the
long-term stable release.

> That would be really great to receive bug
> fixes ported to 1.1.8 code base without master's new features which you
> know sometimes "break everything".

There aren't any features like this planned until after 1.2/2.0 is branched.
We're basically just doing the last bit of polish before the stable series.

I would be stunned if the next release went backwards.

> Thank you for a great work!

Glad to hear we're making someone happy :)