[Pacemaker] staggered startup

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Thu Sep 6 20:45:24 EDT 2012

> On 09/05/2012 04:08 PM, James Harper wrote:
> > A power failure tonight indicated that my clustered resources (xen vm's)
> have a dependency requirement like "make sure at least one domain
> controller VM is fully up and running before starting any other windows
> servers". Determining a status of "fully up and running" is probably complex
> so as a minimum I need to say "make sure resource1 has been started for 60
> seconds before starting resource2".
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> The VirtualDomain ra has the possibility to define additional monitor scripts.
> You can use any script you like to check if services inside a vm are up e.g.
> trying to connect to a smtp service inside the VM .... be sure to use generous
> start timeout values.

I'm using the Xen RA, and when I looked at this the script either returned success, or ERR_GENERIC. I'm not keen on switching to VirtualDomain ra's, but I guess I can look at adding the same functionality to the Xen ra... that would be the 'proper' solution anyway rather than blind delays.

Thanks

James