[Pacemaker] Clustering of Two virtual machines hosted on different physical servers

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Wed Sep 5 01:16:56 EDT 2012

> Hi All ,
>
> I am trying to configure clustering of two virtual machines( Centos-6.2
> ,KVM hypervisor). Both the machines are running on different VLAN's i.e
> both machines have different gateway.
>
> My  doubt : Is it necessary that both the VM's should be on the same
> VLAN and should have same gateway ? to configure clustering. If it is
> not , then what changes need to be done on VMs so that we can do the
> clustering.

corosync uses multicast paket. so be sure that multicast traffic get routed
correctly between your networks. As an alternative you could use udp unicast
as a transort. Please see man corosync.conf the the unicast option.

> when i run the below command on both VMs , then i get output
>
> [root at node1 ~]# corosync-cfgtool -s
> Printing ring status.
> Local node ID 16777343
> RING ID 0
>   id    = 127.0.0.1
> status    = ring 0 active with no faults
>
> As per the the documentation , i should get static ip address instead of
> the localhost address , same is happening on both VMs , Can you guys
> suggests what can be done so that my both nodes join the cluster.

configure corosync correctly. Than it will find your interface.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98