[Pacemaker] nfs running on two nodes w/ drbd corosync pacemaker on CentOS6.2

Steven Silk steven.silk at noaa.gov
Tue May 29 18:20:02 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 28 May 2012, at 23:46, Steven Silk wrote:
> > I am trying to setup a two node system making NFS highly available....
> > We have run this in the past with heartbeat and drbd.  Now we would like
> to use pacemaker and corosync.  I have been told not to use lvm, and this
> must be in a unicast environment.
> >
> > Is there anything obviously wrong with this plan?  I have stumbled
> around and gotten the preliminaries set up and working, but when I start
> configuring the primitives in crm I get tons of errors.
>
> Nothing wrong with this plan at all.  We have three systems like that
> running here in production without any problems.  Though ours are more
> complicated as each of our clusters is made up of three nodes so that
> quorum works.
>
> Just as an example here is our crm configuration which works without any
> errors (cerberus and minotaur are the two storage containing nodes and qs2
> is the quorum node which cannot run any of the resources - you can
> obviously ignore a lot of our configuration because you only have two
> nodes):
>
> node cerberus \
>        attributes standby="off"
> node minotaur \
>        attributes standby="off"
> node qs2 \
>        attributes standby="off"
> primitive res_drbd ocf:linbit:drbd \
>        params drbd_resource="vmstore"
> primitive res_filesystem ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
>        params fstype="xfs" device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/vmstore"
> options="noatime,barrier,largeio,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,swalloc" \
>        meta target-role="Started"
> primitive res_ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>        params ip="172.28.208.50" cidr_netmask="24"
> broadcast="172.28.208.255"
> primitive res_nfs_server lsb:nfs-kernel-server
> group group_vmstore res_filesystem res_nfs_server res_ip
> ms ms_drbd res_drbd \
>        meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
> clone-node-max="1" notify="true" globally_unique="false"
> location loc_drbd_cerberus ms_drbd 0: cerberus
> location loc_drbd_minotaur ms_drbd 0: minotaur
> location loc_vmstore_cerberus group_vmstore 0: cerberus
> location loc_vmstore_minotaur group_vmstore 0: minotaur
> colocation col_vmstore inf: group_vmstore ms_drbd:Master
> order order_vmstore inf: ms_drbd:promote group_vmstore:start
> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>        expected-quorum-votes="3" \
>        stonith-enabled="false" \
>        symmetric-cluster="false" \
>        pe-warn-series-max="100" \
>        default-action-timeout="10" \
>        pe-input-series-max="100" \
>        dc-version="1.0.8-042548a451fce8400660f6031f4da6f0223dd5dd" \
>        pe-error-series-max="100" \
>        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
>        last-lrm-refresh="1290511853" \
>        default-resource-stickiness="1000"
> rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
>        target-role="started"
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,

> [...]

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your quick answers.  I guess the one portion of Anton's response
that I didn't understand is:

primitive res_nfs_server lsb:nfs-kernel-server

I have not come across any primitives with an lsb designator?  (if that
would be the correct term).  While I google it to see what I can learn.

Can you expand on this?

thanks,

Steve

--