[Pacemaker] Is synchronizing rmtab needed?

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at gmx.de
Mon May 21 13:33:47 EDT 2012

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> Horrible. And there's the answer to your question too. There's a
> new release planned for this week. You can also just drop the
> new exportfs (mind the permissions!).

I've already installed the new version. The size of rmtab went down to 3kb.
However this does not solve our problems. There are still lots of timeouts
and the NFS performance is horrible.

Another problem is that if the IO-System is locked the cleanup followed by
the timeout will nearly certainly fail such that a failover is started that
will not help much because the same will soon happen on the other machine.

As this all happens in our testing network where we try Ubuntu 12.04 for the
servers and we do not have such problems with Ubuntu 10.04 we currently
think that there is something wrong with Ubuntu 12.04.

Christoph