[Pacemaker] Why monitor fails in my RA

Greg test123 at implix.com
Mon May 14 07:01:48 EDT 2012

W dniu 05/09/12 13:57, Dejan Muhamedagic pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:41:05PM +0200, Greg wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to write redis resources agent working in master-slave. My
>
> Are you aware of a pull request for one redis resource agent:
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/37
>
> It's been there a while, blocked mainly because it uses debian
> specific daemon start/stop machinery.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dejan

[cut]

Thx for pointing me on this script. My environment is slightly different
so I can't use this script without modification. I've notice that your
script in this scenario :
- master is promoted and goes down (for example OOM, admin mistake etc.)

Your script will reply: OCF_ERR_GENERIC

My script wil reply: OCF_FAILED_MASTER
(from manual this is best option but it's not working the way I've
expected because after recovery to slave, and in case of promotion to
master node is not monitored in this state anymore)

Can you tell me why have you chose answer OCF_ERR_GENERIC ?

Thx

--
Grego