[Pacemaker] Can Corosync bind to two networks

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Sat May 12 15:34:44 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Steve Davidson
<steve.davidson at pearl.com> wrote:
> We want to run the Corosync heartbeat on the private net and, as a backup
> heartbeat, allow Corosync heartbeat on our "public" net as well.
>
> Thus in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf we need something like:
>
> bindaddr_primary: 192.168.57.0
> bindaddr_secondary: 125.125.125.0
>
> Our thinking is: if the private net connection fails but everything else is
> okay then we don't need to disrupt services since the private net failure
> won't affect our users.
>
> Is there any way to do this?

Up to here the question makes sense, and Arnold already answered it.
Use a redundant ring mode, and define two rings. man corosync.conf;
look for "redundant".

> Otherwise we need two interfaces connected to
> separate switches just for an (HA) heartbeat.

This part doesn't make sense. Are you thinking that because you're
using redundant rings, you _don't_ need to connect each of your nodes
to two switches? Well, you do. Plugging all NICs in a redundant ring
configuration into the same physical switch makes that switch a single
point of failure. You can combine RRP with bonding, but regardless,
one switch alone won't help.

Cheers,
Florian

--