[Pacemaker] Failed Actions

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu May 10 00:11:59 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Gregg Stock <gregg at damagecontrolusa.com> wrote:
> I have two drbd nodes and three nodes that run mostly virtual machines. The
> virtual machines can't run on the drbd nodes and drbd can't run on the
> visualization hosts. I have location rules and everything works fine. But I
> get a long list of Failed Action in the crm_mon output saying that things
> are not installed. This is mostly an annoyance but it does make it difficult
> to spot real problems because you get used to ignoring the output.
>
> Is there a preferred method to eliminate this?

Basically, add the RA.  I think more recent versions are quieter about
this kind of thing.
Especially if you set symmetric-cluster=false (see Pacemaker Explained
for what that might mean for the rest of your config)

> One other question is about the location rules. I really only have two rules
> but have ended up creating multiple instances of the same rule for each
> resource. Is there a way to consolidate the rules?

Recent versions of 1.1.x can re-use the rule blocks in multiple constraints:
   http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-reusing-config-elements.html

Does that help?