[Pacemaker] Is synchronizing rmtab needed?

Christoph Bartoschek ponto at pontohonk.de
Sun May 20 19:36:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

we currently have the problem that when the NFS server is highly used the
heartbeat:exportfs monitor script fails with a timeout because it cannot
write the rmtab to the exported filesystem within the given time.
This causes lots of problems because pacemaker then tries to cleanup
resources. Unfortunatley pacemaker cannot know that everything will be fine
after the utilization goes down.

My question is now. Is it necessary to synchronize rmtab? Shouldn't the
clients just reconnect after a timeout?

--
Christoph Bartoschek