[Pacemaker] Debug message granularity

Ron Kerry rkerry at sgi.com
Tue May 15 15:58:50 EDT 2012

I have a cluster running SLES11 SP2 including SLE-HAE-SP2. This includes the following software levels:
   resource-agents-3.9.2-0.25.5
   openais-1.1.4-5.6.3
   corosync-1.4.1-0.13.1
   pacemaker-1.1.6-1.29.1
   pacemaker-mgmt-2.1.0-0.8.74
   pacemaker-mgmt-client-2.1.0-0.8.74

The only way I know to get debug level messages is to set debug:on in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf
   logging {
	#Whether or not turning on the debug information in the log
	debug:	on
   }

Is there any way to get more granularity? I would like to get debug level information out of my
resource agents and perhaps other parts of pacemaker like pengine, crmd and lrmd, but not from
corosync. Turning debug:on is very noisy, but without doing that it is very hard to troubleshoot
resource issues in production clusters. Other times I may be troubleshooting membership issues and I
need detailed corosync messaging. Ideally I would like to be able to set a (potentially) different
message level for each of the major components of the HA solution but I see no way to do that
currently. Any advice?

Ron Kerry         rkerry at sgi.com