[Pacemaker] lvm resource doesn't start

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Sat May 12 12:16:04 EDT 2012

Hi list,

I'm assembling a cluster for A/P nfs on Debian Squeeze (6.0). For
flexibility I want with LVM. So the goal is to have the cluster start
the volume group (ocf::heartbeat::LVM), then mount the file system
(ocf::heartbeat::Filesystem), add the cluster IP
(ocf::heartbeat::IPaddr2), and start the (ocf::heartbeat::)nfsserver.

I've had trouble to start the volume group, however. When one node
goes down, I can't start the volume group on the second. "crm resource
start" returns nothing and the resource is simply still stopped.
I suspect there is a problem with clvm, since the command "vgs" (on
the one surviving node) hangs forever. I see errors in the system log
"INFO: task clvmd:2568 blocked for more than 120 seconds."

The point of having a cluster is to still be able to access the vg
after a node goes down, so. what am I ding (or thinking) wrong here?

--
Frank Van Damme
No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,