[Pacemaker] Starting the services on a single surviving node

Christoph Bartoschek ponto at pontohonk.de
Tue May 8 14:38:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

we have a two-node pacemaker setup to serve NFS directories. Today we had to
put node A into standby to replace some hardware. The services went to node
B and everything was fine.

We then restarted node B and expected that the services resume. However now
the cluster does not start the services. It somehow consideres both nodes
offline:

root at B:~# crm status
============
Last updated: Tue May  8 20:36:45 2012
Stack: openais
Current DC: NONE
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
4 Resources configured.
============

OFFLINE: [ B A ]

root at B:~# crm configure show
node B \
        attributes standby="off"
node A \
        attributes standby="on"

property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.1.6-9971ebba4494012a93c03b40a2c58ec0eb60f50c" \
        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
        expected-quorum-votes="2" \
        stonith-enabled="false" \
        no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
        last-lrm-refresh="1336481054"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
        resource-stickiness="100" \
        resource_stickiness="200"

How can I tell the cluster that only one node is running and that it should
start the services?

Thanks
Christoph Bartoschek