[Pacemaker] manually failing back resources when set sticky

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 30 14:57:16 EDT 2012

On 12-03-30 02:35 PM, Florian Haas wrote:

> crm configure rsc_defaults resource-stickiness=0
>
> ... and then when resources have moved back, set it to 1000 again.
> It's really that simple. :)

That sounds racy.  I am changing a parameter which has the potential to
affect the stickiness of all resources for a (hopefully brief) period of
time.  If there is some other fail{ure,over} transaction in play while I
do this I might adversely affect my policy of no-automatic-failback
mightn't I?

Since this suggestion is also non-atomic, meaning I set a contraint,
wait for the result of the change in allocation due to that setting and
then "undo" it when the allocation change has completed, wouldn't I just
be better to use "crm resource migrate FOO" and then monitor for the
reallocation and then remove the "cli-standby-FOO" constraint when it
has?  Wouldn't this effect your suggestion in the same non-atomic manner
but be sure to only affect the one resource I am trying to fail back?

Cheers,
b.