[Pacemaker] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_{ordered,notify,interleave}

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Mar 29 19:12:07 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Florian Haas <florian at hastexo.com> wrote:
> Lars (lmb), or Andrew -- maybe one of you remembers what this was all about.
>
> In this commit, Lars enabled the
> OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_{ordered,notify,interleave} attributes to be
> injected into the environment of RAs:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/b0ba01f61086f073be69db3e6beb0914642f79d9
>
> Then that change was almost immediately backed out:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/b33d3bf5376ab59baa435086c803b9fdaf6de504

Because it was felt that RAs shouldn't need to know.
Those options change pacemaker's behaviour, not the RAs.

But subsequently, in lf#2391, you convinced us to add notify since it
allowed the drbd agent to error out if they were not turned on.

> And since then, at some point evidently only interleave and notify
> made it back in. Any specific reason for omitting ordered? I happen to
> have a pretty good use case for an ordered-clone RA, and it would be
> handy to be able to test whether clone ordering has been enabled.

I'd need more information.  The RA shouldn't need to care I would have
thought. The ordering happens in the PE/crmd, the RA should just do
what its told.