[Pacemaker] Resource-level fencing without stonith?

Lajos Pajtek lajospajtek at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 15:08:20 EDT 2012

Using IPMI was also my first idea, but the LOM interfaces are (for security reasons) on a different LAN and there is no route to them.

Thanks for pointing me to the existing sg_persist RA. Also it seems that the author intended to use prout types 1 or 3. I thought of using 5 (write exclusive, registrants only). I saw your comments as well. Definitely a good starting point, and far more generic than what I have right now.

You wrote that I "likely still want STONITH even if using this RA." This is an OCF RA. How does STONITH come into the picture here?Or do you mean that I should use a real stonith device together with this RA?

Thanks and best regards,
Lajos