[Pacemaker] offtopic scalable block-device

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Mar 16 06:15:51 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Vladislav Bogdanov
<bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
> 16.03.2012 12:13, ruslan usifov wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I search a solution for scalable block device (dist that can extend if
>> we add some machines to cluster). Only what i find accepten on my task
>> is ceph + RDB, but ceph on my test i very unstable(regulary crash of all
>> it daemons) + have poor integration with pacemaker. So does anybody
>> recommend some solution???
>

> I'm now investigating possibilities of using Lustre+DRBD+pacemaker.
> Lustre is now available for EL6 thanks whamcloud and others.

That's an option for a scalable _filesystem_, but the OP's question
was about a block device, and to the best of my knowledge Lustre
doesn't offer that. Unless you want to use loop devices in Lustre,
which sounds awkward to say the least.

Cheers,
Florian

--