[Pacemaker] getting started - crm hangs when adding resources, even "crm ra classes" hangs

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Mar 15 04:50:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Phillip Frost
<phil at macprofessionals.com> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
>
>>> However, sometimes pacemakerd will not stop cleanly.
>>
>> OK. Whether this is related to your original problem or not a complete
>> open question, jftr.
>>
>>> I thought it might happen when stopping pacemaker on the current DC, but after successfully reproducing this failure twice, I couldn't do it again. Pacemakerd seems to exit, but fail to notify the other nodes of its shutdown. Syslog is flooded with "Retransmit List" messages (log attached).

"Retransmit List" log entries have popped up a few times recently, so
I've taken the liberty to write a quick post about them:

http://www.hastexo.com/resources/hints-and-kinks/whats-totem-retransmit-list-all-about-corosync

I've CC'd sdake and fabbione; perhaps if one of you guys could have a
quick peek and give a holler if there's anything that I could improve.
Thanks!

Cheers,
Florian

--