[Pacemaker] unbound resource agent

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Mar 14 17:35:01 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012 17:52:21 Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 02:48:11PM +0100, Benjamin Kiessling wrote:
> > Hi,

> This one exited with a generic error. Didn't notice that. The RA
> should've logged the reason.
> > > These operations timed out, i.e. didn't finish in the given time
> > > frame which is by default 20 seconds.
> >
> > It says the return code is -2 which isn't a return code specified in the
> > OCF standard. unbound usually starts fast and I can't see anything in
> > the logs indicating an error during initialization.
>
> Negative exit codes are special and cannot be produced by a
> script.

Negative exit-codes are "special" in that they commonly denote an error while
positive exit-codes might be regular results of the app/script running.
And there is no difference between a script and a "real" program when it comes
to returning exit-codes.

You might mean that either the RA-script or the cluster-software itself can't
return negative exit-codes...

> Hmm, I've always thought that "Timed Out" in that
> message above is unequivocal.

"Timed out" is one of the errors. And when you have some positive exit-codes
for "the script went well but the state of the resource is <bla>", its
perfectly okay to use negative exit-codes to signal things like "the RA script
didn't execute" or "the RA script took to long to execute"...

Arnold