[Pacemaker] getting started - crm hangs when adding resources, even "crm ra classes" hangs

Phillip Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Tue Mar 13 17:59:35 EDT 2012

On Mar 13, 2012, at 2:21 PM, Jake Smith wrote:

>> From: "Phillip Frost" <phil at macprofessionals.com>
>> Subject: [Pacemaker] getting started - crm hangs when adding resources,	even "crm ra classes" hangs
>>
>> more interestingly, even "crm ra classes" never terminates, again
>> with no output, and nothing appended to syslog.
>
> In Ubuntu 10.04 there is a bug in glib causing hanging on shutdown as well as hanging on some crm commands - there are patches out to fix it for Ubuntu specifically (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/cluster-glue/+bug/821732).  Not sure if they affect Debian too.

Seems to be the same issue, somewhat. I noticed sometimes I'd get lrmadmin -C to work once, but the 2nd time it would deadlock. That behavior was described in the launchpad link you gave.

It seems what's happened is the glib bug has been patched in debian unstable, and this raexecupstart patch is disabled in the cluster-glue package as described in launchpad. squeeze-backports took the package from unstable, but glib is not patched in squeeze, so raexecupstart.patch is still needed. Not re-enabled in squeeze-backports, however.

So, I built cluster-glue from the debian source package after manually applying that patch, and now I can run lrmadmin -C all day. Now it's also leaking sockets, but I guess I can live with that.

I was playing with building some other versions to see if I could do better, but it seems some time in the past 5 minutes, squeeze-backports got a new version. Either that, or I'm losing my mind. Either way, time to call it a day.