[Pacemaker] questions about the booth

Yuusuke Iida iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp
Wed Mar 7 21:37:31 EST 2012

Hi, Jiaju

Thank you for reply.

(2012/03/05 14:00), Jiaju Zhang wrote:
> Hi Yuusuke,
>
> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 11:49 +0900, Yuusuke Iida wrote:
>> Hi, Jiaju
>>
>> I thought about a plan to deal when a resource did not change in sites.
>> I think that I make daemon working outside booth.
>>
>> This daemon watches it whether a resource can work in sites.
>> And it executes revoke command for booth when the state that a resource
>> cannot manage was confirmed.
>> booth catches revoke and thinks that I move a ticket to another site.
>
> If I understand it correctly, the daemon you mentioned automated some of
> the admin's behaviors, if the resources cannot be managed by one site,
> revoke the ticket and move the ticket to another site. I have no
> objection if the admin has this requirement;)
Thank you for agreeing.
The summary of the processing is just what you think.
admin may not necessarily need this function.
However, I think that admin which wants to automate processing as much
as possible exists.

> The only thing I'm not sure is if the admin really want to do this? My
> assumption is if the local site is alive the admin will be inclined to
> keep the ticket stay in this site, if the site is totally down, we have
> no choice, the ticket has to move to another site to keep the service
> available.
> However, that is just one using scenario in my mind, booth should
> support the using scenario that you mentioned;)
>

>> I think that the continuity of the resource is kept in this movement.
>>
>> I analyze CIB and intend to perform the state confirmation of the
>> resource using score.
>
> I'm not quite understand here, do you mean that if the resource usually
> being un-managed by this site, we'd better move it to another site, so
> your daemon will depends on this value to decide whether it would move
> the ticket another site, right?
When a resource failed, I think that the score of the resource becomes
less than 0.
When the resource was not able to start in all nodes in the site, I
think that score becomes less than 0 in all nodes.
I want to judge the state that a resource was not able to operate from
this score.

When a ticket does not become grant, the score of the resource becomes
less than 0.
Therefore, I want to monitor the resource while a ticket becomes grant.

> Well, I think you raised another using scenario which I has not thought
> of before;) And I agree with you to setup such a daemon to do this work
> if the admin need.
I want you to confirm it again when you were completed.

Thanks,
Yuusuke

> Thanks,
> Jiaju