[Pacemaker] manually failing back resources when set sticky

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 30 14:26:08 EDT 2012

In my cluster configuration, each resource can be run on one of two node
and I designate a "primary" and a "secondary" using location constraints
such as:

location FOO-primary FOO 20: bar1
location FOO-secondary FOO 10: bar2

And I also set a default stickiness to prevent auto-fail-back (i.e. to
prevent flapping):

rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" resource-stickiness="1000"

This all works as I expect.  Resources run where I expect them to while
everything is operating normally and when a node fails the resource
migrates to the secondary and stays there even when the primary node
comes back.

The question is, what is the proper administrative command(s) to move
the resource back to it's "primary" after I have manually determined
that that node is OK after coming back from a failure?

I figure I could just create a new resource constraint, wait for the
migration and then remove it, but I just wonder if there is a more
atomic "move back to your preferred node" command I can issue.

Cheers,
b.