[Pacemaker] Nodes not rejoining cluster

Gregg Stock gregg at damagecontrolusa.com
Thu Mar 29 22:30:13 EDT 2012

I had a circuit breaker go out and take two of the 5 nodes in my cluster
down. Now that their back up and running, they are not rejoining the
cluster.

Here is what I get from crm_mon -1

node 1,2 and 3 itchy, scratchy and walter show the following:
============
Last updated: Thu Mar 29 19:04:05 2012
Last change: Thu Mar 29 19:04:03 2012 via cibadmin on walter
Stack: openais
Current DC: walter - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.6-3.el6-a02c0f19a00c1eb2527ad38f146ebc0834814558
5 Nodes configured, 5 expected votes
9 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ itchy scratchy walter butthead timmy ]

On butthead I get

============
Last updated: Thu Mar 29 19:04:24 2012
Last change: Thu Mar 29 18:42:09 2012 via cibadmin on itchy
Stack: openais
Current DC: NONE
5 Nodes configured, 5 expected votes
9 Resources configured.
============

OFFLINE: [ itchy scratchy walter butthead timmy ]

On Timmy, I get

============
Last updated: Thu Mar 29 19:04:20 2012
Last change:
Current DC: NONE
0 Nodes configured, unknown expected votes
0 Resources configured.

I don't have anything important running yet. so I can do a full clean up
of everything if needed.

I also get some weird behavior with timmy. I brought this node up with
the host name as timmy.example.com and I changed the host name to timmy
but when the cluster is offline timmy.example.com shows up as offline. I
enter crm node delete timmy.example.com and it goes away until timmy
goes offline again.

Thanks,
Gregg Stock