[Pacemaker] How to start master slave resources on both active and standby cluster nodes

neha chatrath nehachatrath at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:56:53 EDT 2012

Hello,
i have a 2 node cluster system requirement with
1. A master/slave DRBD resource (ms_drbd)
2. A primitive Filesystem resource (drbd_fs)
3. A master slave resource, X
4. A clone resource Y

The logs from software application i.e. from resource X and Y need to be
saved on DRBD partition. Thus, these applications shall be started after
filesystem has been mounted.

So , I need to define following order clauses:

crm configure order fs--after-drbd inf: ms_ddrbd: promote drbd_fs:start
crm configure order X--after-drbd_fs inf: drbd_fs X
crm configure order Y--after-drbd_fs inf: drbd_fs Y

But with above order clauses, X and Y will get started only on the Active
node (as filesystem will be mounted on that node).

So, how shall I start resource X and Y on the standby node as well?

Please suggest how shall I achieve the system requirement.

Also one more query: what exactly is the different between the following
two order clauses:

crm configure order X--after-drbd_fs inf: drbd_fs X

and

crm configure order X--after-drbd_fs inf: drbd_fs X:start

Thanks and regards
Neha Chatrath