[Pacemaker] pacemaker + rhel6 and clvmd

Mark Frasa mark at frasa.net
Wed Mar 14 07:15:58 EDT 2012

Hello,

We are trying to build 3-node cluster with shared-storage (FC-SAN). On
this cluster we need clustered-lvm2 to provide storage to our vm's.
Now we have seems a few tutorials on howto setup clvmd and all of them
are trying to include ocfs2 (which i guess we don't have on RHEL6):

configure DLM:

crm(live)configure# primitive dlm ocf:pacemaker:controld \
>       op monitor interval="60" timeout="60"
WARNING: dlm: default timeout 20s for start is smaller than the advised 90
WARNING: dlm: default timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the advised 100
crm(live)configure# group base-group dlm
crm(live)configure# clone base-clone base-group \
>       meta interleave="true"
crm(live)configure#
crm(live)configure# commit
WARNING: dlm: default timeout 20s for start is smaller than the advised 90
WARNING: dlm: default timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the advised 100

configure CLVMD:

crm(live)configure# primitive clvm ocf:lvm2:clvmd \
>       params daemon_timeout="30"
lrmadmin[10127]: 2012/03/14_11:32:53 ERROR:
lrm_get_rsc_type_metadata(578): got a return code HA_FAIL from a reply
message of rmetadata with function get_ret_from_msg.
ERROR: ocf:lvm2:clvmd: could not parse meta-data:
ERROR: ocf:lvm2:clvmd: no such resource agent

So it seems like we are missing a resource-agent named: clvmd, OR it
could have to do something with my setup (referring to the HA_FAIL
message)?
Also i have found a thread where Andrew Beekhof recommends fetching
the o2cb script if you are missing ocf:lvm2:clvmd resource agent:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/59480

It seems i am kinda lost here and i have no idea where to look for the
clmvd resource-agent. Does anyone have this kind of setup running in
RHEL6 (or CentOS for that matter) and is willing to point me in the
right direction?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Mark Frasa.