[Pacemaker] node offline after fencing (pacemakerd hangs)

Ulrich Leodolter ulrich.leodolter at obvsg.at
Tue Jul 17 09:46:30 EDT 2012

hi,

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 15:32 +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i have setup a very basic 2-node cluster on RHEL 6.3
> > first thing i tried was to setup stonith/fencing_ipmilan
> > resource.
> >
> > fencing seems to work,  if i kill corosync on one node
> > it is restarted (ipmi reboot) by the other node.
> >
> > but after restart the cluster doesn't come back to normal
> > operation,   i looks like the pacemakerd hangs and the
> > node status is offline.
> >
> > i found only one way to fix the problem:
> >
> > killall -9 pacemakerd
> > service pacemakerd start
> >
> > after that both nodes are online.  below you can see my
> > cluster configuration and the corosync.log messages which
> > repeat forever when pacemakerd hangs.
> >
> > i am new to pacemaker and followed the "Clusters from Scratch"
> > guide for the first setup.   information about fence_ipmilan
> > is from google :-)
> >
> > can u give me tips ?? what is wrong with this basic cluster
> > config.  i don't want to add more resources (kvm virtual
> > machines) until fencing is configured correctly.
> >
> > thx
> > ulrich
>
> Do you start corosync and pacemaker from init?
> do corosync and pacmaker run after a system boot?

yes

[root at pcmk2 log]# chkconfig --list corosync
corosync       	0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off
[root at pcmk2 log]# chkconfig --list pacemaker
pacemaker      	0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off

[root at pcmk2 log]# ls -l /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S*{corosync,pacemaker}
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Jul  6 14:42 /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S20corosync -> ../init.d/corosync
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Jul 11 16:16 /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99pacemaker -> ../init.d/pacemaker

regards
ulrich