[Pacemaker] Pacemaker hang with hardware reset

Damiano Scaramuzza cesello at daimonlab.it
Wed Jul 4 07:20:08 EDT 2012

Hi Emmanuel,
yes I use drbd level fence as in linbit user guide

disk {
    fencing resource-only;
  }
  handlers {
    fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh";
    after-resync-target "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh";
  }

and
the drbd driver correctly marks the peer as Outdated as soon as I reset
the node and I suppose calls the crm-fence-peer.sh script
to notify crm the fencing phase.
The problem is: I see the drbd peer driver Uknown/Outdated but in
crm_mon I still seeing both resources in Master state.
This happens only with hard reset. If I stop and start the node I see
teh correct phase Outdated-->UpToDate after a re-sink.
My guess is that drbd notify, the crm try to notify but the message does
not arrives to other components (dlm,clvm,ocfs2 )