[Pacemaker] Specifying a location rule with a resource:role

Jay Janssen jay.janssen at percona.com
Tue Jul 24 15:03:55 EDT 2012

Hi all,
  Simple crm configure syntax question (I think).  I'm trying to make a given role (a 'Master' in a master/slave set) from being location on a given node.  However, the "obvious" syntax (at least in my mind) doesn't work:

	location avoid_being_the_master ms_MySQL:Master -1000: my_node
	location never_be_the_master ms_MySQL:Master -inf: my_node

  This man page tells me I'm close: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/ch06s07.html , I suspect it's the :Master rule that is screwing me up.  How can I specify the Master role?  The following colocation rule works fine:

	colocation writer_vip_on_master inf: writer_vip ms_MySQL:Master

Jay Janssen, MySQL Consultant, Percona Inc.
Telephone: 		+1 888 401 3401 ext 563 (US/Eastern)
Emergency:		+1 888 401 3401 ext 911
Skype:			percona.jayj
GTalk/MSN: 		jay.janssen at percona.com
YahooIM:			perconajayj