[Pacemaker] Some errors after upgrading from heartbeat 2.1 cluster

Drew Morone andrewmorone at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 11:51:23 EDT 2012

Hi,
I'm new to this list and have been searching for a solution for a few weeks to a problem I'm having, but not seeing anything similar to what i'm seeing.

We have a 2 node active/standby cluster with the following services:
drbd
nfs
dhcpd

We currently upgraded our OS from Debian Lenny, to Squeeze, which in turn upgraded heartbeat to hearbeat(3.0.3) /pacemaker(1.0.9) . The upgrade actually went pretty well following this example:
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/users-guide/_upgrading_from_crm_enabled_heartbeat_2_1_clusters.html

and everything seems to work well, no down time, no loss of data. My only issue is that I'm getting some errors with some of the resource attributes and parameters, eg running 'crm configure verify' I'll get stuff like this:
ERROR: DRBD_data: attribute target_role does not exist
ERROR: DRBD_data: parameter target_role does not exist

Here's the section of the converted schema it's complaining about:
        <primitive id="DRBD_data" class="heartbeat" type="drbddisk">
          <meta_attributes id="primitive-DRBD_data.meta">
            <nvpair id="nvpair.meta.auto-19" name="target_role" value="started"/>
          </meta_attributes>
          <instance_attributes id="instance_attributes.id179586">
            <nvpair id="nvpair.id178988" name="target_role" value="started"/>
            <nvpair name="target_role" value="drbd0" id="nvpair.id178172"/>
          </instance_attributes>
        </primitive>

I'm assuming that those parameters are no longer used, or used differently in the heartbeat/pacemaker configurations. We upgraded to the new schema format. I don't want to rebuild the configuration from scratch, but I'm thinking maybe I might have to. Unless these errors are benign. Everything seems to work properly.

Drew