[Pacemaker] OpenVPN in HA, sharing client connections

Arturo Borrero Gonzalez cer.inet at linuxmail.org
Tue Jul 10 07:01:24 EDT 2012

Hi there!

OpenVPN server has an 'management interface' that allows the admin to
delete, add, modify, authorize client connections.

As far as I know, it doesn't exist any preestablished method for
sharing connections between openvpn servers, so in issues like
failover and/or active-active configurations the behavior is pretty
rudimentary (just using a LSB resource to start and stop the daemon).

I'm looking for something or someone that previously showed interest
in this topic.
If no, I will investigate the creation of a new RA or maybe a tiny
daemon for deploying in master/slave modes.
I think using netcat i'm able to get all openvpn data and also using
netcat to inject the data in another openvpn server.

What approach should I have? Any recommendations?

Best regards.

--
/* Arturo Borrero Gonzalez || cer.inet at linuxmail.org */
/* Use debian gnu/linux! Best OS ever! */