[Pacemaker] need cluster-wide variables

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Jan 10 16:24:06 EST 2012

On Tuesday 10 January 2012 20:08:50 Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 04:59:13AM +0000, shashi wrote:
> > So we have two probable options:
> > 1. An work around to achieve this tri-state efficiently without changing
> > pacemaker internals.
> > 2. Modify pacemaker to add this tri-state feature.
> This sounds too complex to me. And it won't scale (if there are
> too many Pre-Masters you may want to introduce Pre-Pre-Masters).
> How about moving the logic to slaves, i.e. that they figure out
> themselves which master to connect to? This is of course
> oversimplification, but I'd rather try that way.

Is it possible for slaves to modify their score for promotion? I think that
would be an interesting feature.

Probably something like that could already be achieved with dependency-rules
and variables. But I think a function for resource agents to increase or
decrease the score would be more clean.

Have fun,

Arnold