[Pacemaker] Cannot Create Primitive in CRM Shell

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Mon Jan 9 10:37:58 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Andrew Martin <amartin at xes-inc.com> wrote:
> Perhaps as a corollary problem I have noticed that I cannot seem to start or
> restart pacemaker:
> # service pacemaker restart
> Starting Pacemaker Cluster Manager: [FAILED]

You're running on Heartbeat. The "pacemaker" init script manages the
Pacemaker Master Control Process, which is only available/useful when
Pacemaker runs on top of Corosync.

You do not need to start the Pacemaker init script, nor the pacemakerd
binary. Pacemaker's processes will simply run as children of
Heartbeat. Thus, the failure to start pacemakerd would be unrelated to
your original issue.

Cheers,
Florian

--