[Pacemaker] stonith in a virtual cluster

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 27 17:45:49 EST 2012

* David Vossel <dvossel at redhat.com> [20120227 16:19]:

Yes I did.

I had a quick go last week at compiling it on Debian/Squeeze with
backports but with no luck. I seem to be missing some qpid development
headers/libs and the doc in the tarball I got (/fence-virt-0.2.1) is
rather scant (ie absent) on what is required for a succesful build. I
also tried from git.

So far, by trial-and-error I discovered that I have to install the
following stuff to make the build script happy:

libnss3-dev
libnss3-tools
uuid-dev
uuidcdef
uuid-runtime
libxml2-dev
libvirt-dev
libcman-dev

I know I need at least one of those but couldn't figure out which one:

libopenais-dev
libcorosync-dev

The config seems happy with corosync-dev though:

checking openais/cpg.h usability... no
checking openais/cpg.h presence... no
checking for openais/cpg.h... no
checking corosync/cpg.h usability... yes
checking corosync/cpg.h presence... yes

but not with libqpidclient:

checking for pthread_create in -lqpidclient... no

and in the end the build fails with:

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/fence-virt/server'
g++ -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -D_GNU_SOURCE
-D_MODULE -DMODULE_PATH=\"/usr/lib/fence-virt\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"//etc\"
-c -o libvirt-qpid.opp libvirt-qpid.cpp -I../include `nss-config
--cflags` `nspr-config --cflags` `xml2-config --cflags`
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid
for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
libvirt-qpid.cpp:34:41: error: qpid/console/SessionManager.h: No such file or directory
libvirt-qpid.cpp:36: error: 'qpid' has not been declared

Looks like I need qpid and qmf dev stuff but that's only available
Debian/Testing so far.

jf