[Pacemaker] Upstart resources

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Feb 27 07:14:16 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Ante Karamatic <ivoks at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 27.02.2012 11:37, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>
>> I know, but whatever the admin specifies should over-rule the package
>> maintainer's defaults.
>
> I agree and that's how upstart works.
>
>> From what you're saying, this is not possible with Upstart.  Which is bad.
>
> I said it's an option, not that it's not possible :) /etc/init/ssh.conf
> defines ssh service/job. /etc/init/ssh.override is an override file that
> overrides everything from .conf. There is a catch, and that's that
> there's no 'norespawn' option.
>
> So, if a package maintainer defined 'respawn' in .conf, you can't really
> disable it without removing 'respawn' from job file. On the other hand,
> you can override default respawn behavior (ssh service):
>
> echo "respawn limit 1 1" >> /etc/init/ssh.override

Yep, basically what systemd wanted us to do.
The problem is that if you take that service away from the cluster
(permanently or otherwise), the override to make pacemaker happy
shouldn't be applied.

So apart from it being horribly ugly, it doesn't give the right behaviour.
Only when some higher level daemon starts the service and knows
otherwise should norespawn be active.