[Pacemaker] DRBD, Fedora, and systemd (tangent off of Re: Upstart resources)

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Feb 24 09:07:49 EST 2012

On 02/23/12 23:48, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Ante Karamatic <ivoks at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On 23.02.2012 00:10, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>>> Do you still have LSB scripts on a machine thats using upstart?
>>
>> Yes, some LSB scripts can't be easily converted to upstart jobs. Or,
>> let's rephrase that - can't be converted to upstart jobs without losing
>> some of the functionality.
>>
>>> On fedora they purged them all.
>>
>> All? Even the stuff like drbd? I have to take a look at that.
>
> I think any package that doesn't have a unit file is going to be
> blacklisted from F-17.
> That was the threat at least.

In a Pacemaker cluster, nothing needs to touch DRBD during the system
boot sequence. Nothing should, really. So the absence of any bootup
script in a DRBD package should hardly be a reason to zap it from the
distro.

I'm CC'ing the Fedora DRBD package maintainer so he's at least informed
of this thread, as I'm unsure if he follows the Pacemaker list on a
regular basis. Hi Major. :)

Cheers,
Florian

--