[Pacemaker] Upstart resources

Ante Karamatic ivoks at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 13:01:35 EST 2012

On 21.02.2012 17:56, Jake Smith wrote:

> Np thanks for adding - I was asking because the exit codes on the
> upstart jobs I'm using didn't align (I believe) with the LSB spec and
> I wasn't sure if they were supposed to.  Haven't really seen the
> level of documentation (as LSB resource) for upstart resources.  I
> would assume since they are Ubuntu specific.  Mine seems to be
> working OK so far but haven't stressed it yet.

Upstart always returns exit code 0. That's the reason why we couldn't
just use LSB RA for upstart jobs. As for documentation, it's really like
using LSB, just type in 'upstart' instead of 'lsb.

Example (ssh):

ssh upstart job is defined by /etc/init/ssh.conf. So, your primitive in
cluster would start as:

primitive ssh upstart:ssh \
	op ... \
	meta ... \

Note that you might have LSB scripts still, like apache
(/etc/init.d/apache2). Those are not upstart jobs, so you just define
those as LSB:

primitive apache2 lsb:apache2 \
	op ... \
	meta ... \