[Pacemaker] colocation quandery

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 22 12:25:34 EST 2012

* Florian Haas <florian at hastexo.com> [20120222 11:57]:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin
> <Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question about colocation.
> >
> > (This is on a tiny 2 nodes virtual test cluster with pacemaker-1.1.6
> > from Debian Squeeze backports)
> >
> > I've read the Pacemaker_Explained doc (1.1) and the thread
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/69686
> >
> > many times and I can't wrap my head around it so I created a test
> > environment to play around the different scenarios. But...
> > is it possible to use crm to create the colocation as in Example 6.16 in
> >
> > http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-sets-collocation.html
> >
> > I've only been able to stuff the relevant xml bits into the cib using cibadmin.
>
> Yes. It's just within a resource set, the sequence in which you
> specify the resources in constraints is identical to that of groups,
> and the reverse of standard binary colocation constraints. Confused
> yet?

a second nature of mine ;)
ah, now I think I see what you mean...

> The 6.16 example in shell syntax is as follows:
>
> colocation coloc-1 inf: ( A B C ) D

a careless mistake of mine, must have forgotten to escape the () when I invoked crm...

root at node1:~# crm configure colocation coloc-1 inf: \( A B C \) D

because seems to work now.

How would I go about specifying (with crm) an un-ordered set ( A B C ) in this instance?

Thanks!
jf