[Pacemaker] Recovery after simple master-master failover

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Tue Feb 21 18:09:30 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

Still probably not the nicest/cleanest solution but you could do a cronjob that runs 'crm resource reprobe node_name'.  That will check for resources the cluster didn't start and prevent the cleanup actions.

> 2. When I reconfigure things or restart Heartbeat (and Pacemaker with
> it), the apache primitive can get into the "orphaned" state, which
> means
> that Pacemaker will stop it. While this may be reasonnable for the IP
> primitives, it looks like a bug for a resource with
> is-managed="false"
> (I mean, which part of "do not start or stop this resource" does
> Pacemaker not understand?). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any way to
> disable this behaviour except for the global "stop-orphan-actions"
> option, which is probably not what I want. Am I missing something
> here?

what about an 'on-fail' in the op monitor section - probably with an =ignore?
More on that one here:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-operations.html

HTH

Jake